Girls Weekend

Due to circumstances beyond our control my mom, sisters and I weren't going to be able to go on our annual Frost Girls Getaway. So while my sister Kaci was in town this year we took a night and went downtown and stayed over in a hotel. It wasn't too far away I grant you but it was still a fantastic time. We laughed just as much just for a shorter amount of time. We started out at my moms house on Thursday night for a sleep over. (We tried to drag it out as long as possible.) We went to lunch at noodles Friday and shopped and shopped the entire day! Here we are in our hotel room showing off our fancy new rings.
Our Frost Girls Getaway keepsake this year. We went to dinner at The Melting Pot as per tradition. Ooooohhhhhh that is sooo yummy.
Here is what my sweet nephew Wesley thought about our crazy behavior that night. We went to breakfast at Haggermans the next morning. They had the most amazing all you can eat french toast!! And I hate french toast!!! It was so cold that day and this is how little Wes kept warm. he is soo soo cute!!
That Saturday night I had the rare but wonderful opportunity to take Mikayla downtown to see the Young Womens session of conference. We went with our good friends and Mikayla's Young Womens leaders Julie Grow, and Cuca and her daughter Savanna Sanborn.I loved to sit there and listen to the leaders of our church talk to us and more importantly to my daughter and to watch her understand and want to listen and learn from these amazing leaders. I took these pictures after the session and I think they are just beautiful!

2 comments:

Quinn said...

Mikayla looks very pretty in those pictures!! Good for you to get a night away, I think you KIND OF deserve it!!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Yup she does. The conference was really fun. My favorite talk was President Ukdorf's. (Feel free to correct me on that if I spelled it wrong, anyone.) If you want to see it, I think you can go to lds.org to see if you can find his talk from the young womens conference. I had a fun time and I am glad I got to go with my Mom and bestest friends. (And I do not care if bestest is not a word)