Our Spring Break Adventure

I know what you are thinking from the title that we did something amazing together as a family for spring break. Well you are going to get an inside look into the minds of me, my sister and my parents. We are all totally nuts. Its ok I came to grips with this fact a long time ago. I am ok with it. Anyway back to the story. So for spring break we couldn't go anywhere really because we are all spending our money elsewhere, Kara is getting a new car I am going to France. So our play money is gone!!! So we decided that we would take the kids on a train ride on the Front Runner. The Train that (right now) runs from Ogden to Salt Lake. They say that one day it will run all the way to Nephi. That is going to be cool!! So we drove up to the light rail station in Sandy and started our adventure. The kids were really excited and did not want to sit still but as the train started to fill up they didn't like the strangers so they sat next to us. Except for Sam. He was a nightmare from start to finish!! Did not want to sit on my lap and also did not want to sit in a chair. The poor people that got on our train regretted it instantly. But we rode the train to down town and then got on the big double decker train. That is when everything got interesting. Sam started screaming (he was tired) the kids were running up and down the isles. I think someone had spread the word because no one sat up on the upper deck with us, they learn fast. Finally Sam feel asleep, the train pulled into Ogden, we found the bathroom, and my dad went and bought doughnuts. Things were looking up. The kids (and adults) ate their doughnuts and made a nice mess. And just as we were finishing up eating the lady in charge of the train came up and asked us if we wouldn't mind keeping out kids in their seats. She didn't want them flying across the train if we came to an abrupt stop. Whatever! We bribed her with a doughnut and she went away. The rest of the trip went really well we laughed and talked and the kids had a good time. All in all a great little adventure. We probably won't do it again any time soon but. . . . still a fun day.

Starting out our trip. The girls sitting nicely

Even the Boys sitting nicely

This is how things ended up

Sam trying really hard to spill water all over the place.

Mikayla pretending she is super grown up.

My cute parents making out on the train (not really but it will embarass my mom that I said that)The kids obviously not in their seats but having a blast.

Trying to keep Andra on the same level that we were on.

Do you see the crazy in our eyes? Look closer you will see it!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

SO FUN!!! :) I've never been on the Front Runner before. I guess I should try it. And HELLO, when are you going to France??

McGraths said...

Looks like so much fun! When are you going France Missy? I'm excited for you.