Paying Tribute to My Daddy

 I don't really want to blog about this but I think it will be good for me.  These are the pictures of my daddy's service.  It was a really neat service.  The theme was that my dad loved my mom which I think is the greatest thing to be remembered for.  These are all the pictures and memento's of my dad.  Yes those things you see are in fact records because my dad was in a band!  If you want ask me and I will play you his song.

 These are golf balls.  My dad's favorite thing to do was play golf so we had all the grandkids write on a ball their favorite thing about their "papa"  Sam's said " He likes to push us down"  Morgan's said " He licked our noses".  It was really really cool. 
 I love this picture cause this is what we did for a week or so.  I am so grateful for my family.  I can't imagine not being able to have them close to me.
 The "David Bearers"  I will tell you the story behind this.  When my dad went to his uncle Dale's funeral he was asked to be a pall bearer and he leaned over to his brother and said "Why are they calling us "paul bearers"?  We are Dale Bearers.  So we made sure that these sweet men were known as "David bearers"


 The flowers were beautiful!
 All the Grandkids.  They sang a song at the service.  Ok they cried through a song at the service.
 My Dad's brother.  He has been so amazing!  He has been there for my mom when we couldn't be.  We have been extremely grateful for him.  We are also grateful for my Aunt for letting him take the time away to help us.
 The florist told us before she left the church that when the sevice was done to make sure that we took as many flowers from the arrangements as we could.  So we did!  This is us getting our flowers and stuff.
 We then let the kids get some too.
 This is my cousin Corbin who had been to Disneyland with us.  We let him have some too.  We are nice like that.  :-]




 That night after a long nap we got all the family together and went to my dads favorite restaurant,  The Brick Oven. 
 The Frost's, Corbin, Andrew, and Victoria.  And Miss Mikayla
 More Frost's,  Alicia and Aunt Rosemary and cute little Frost's in the middle.
 My mom's family.  Aunt Shelley, Aunt Susan and Annie, oh and Evan there in the back ground.
 More Frost's, Jamie and Uncle Bif
 My mom's Brother Rusty and sister Gayle and her husband Burt.
 My cousins Holly and Kristy
 Kaci's husband Brad and his Brother (whom we have adopted) Todd and Todd's wife Randy Oh and that's Morgan's back of the head.
Kaci, and Mr. Wy  next to Kara's husband Ryan and the crazy boy's Owen and Stu.  It was so nice to see everyone.  We got to see people we haven't seen in many many years!!!  Thanks again to all who helped, Thanks to my mom's ward for the wonderful lunch and to Aspen Funeral Services for being so amazing and taking such great care of my dad. 

3 comments:

Marrdy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marrdy said...

I remember the first time I met your Dad. He was bringing you and Kara into Primary on your first day in the ward. Two sweet cute little girls and I instantly fell in love with your family. I have so many wonderful memories of each of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine life without my Dad. I remember your father very fondly! He taught me how to make honey and peanut-butter sammiches and was always SO NICE to me. He is an amazing man and I know he is watching over you and your sweet family.