Day 3: This was one of my favorite days which would surprise even me when you hear what we did. One of the people at the office Troy was working at told him that there was a medieval festival that the Chateau de la Barben and that we should check it out. Knights and jousting and sword fighting are Troy's, with out a doubt, favorite things in this world (that doesn't involve a ball). So he jumped at the chance to see something like this. So we went. When we got close to where we thought it was we notices that people were starting to park off to the side of the road and debated parking but talked our selves out of it. a few more miles down the road we noticed a sign that said that you could park for free. We again talked our selves out of it. Another couple of miles down the road we see another free parking lot and give in. This is where we parked
Only in France!! In the middle of a field in the middle of France we parked our little rental car! So we started to walk. We walked almost 2 miles passing another 5 free parking lots on our way. We were really glad we talked our selves out of parking off on the side of the road. After walking for a while we saw this.
Is that amazing. This is the Chatau De La Barben. It was amazing. Built on this hidden hill side it was amazing. We were standing right next to it and couldn't see it.
But as you can tell from this view it was obviously built high on a hill.
Only in France!! In the middle of a field in the middle of France we parked our little rental car! So we started to walk. We walked almost 2 miles passing another 5 free parking lots on our way. We were really glad we talked our selves out of parking off on the side of the road. After walking for a while we saw this.
Is that amazing. This is the Chatau De La Barben. It was amazing. Built on this hidden hill side it was amazing. We were standing right next to it and couldn't see it.
But as you can tell from this view it was obviously built high on a hill.On the grounds around the castle
they had reenactors doing sword fighting.
And Jousting
The reason though that this was my favorite day was because I got to see my sweetheart with one of the biggest smile on his face. I rarely get to see him smile like that. He was like a kid at disneyland. He loved every minute of it. We took this picture on our way out so that I could always remember him with his castle. I would do this day again every week if I could.
they had reenactors doing sword fighting.
And Jousting
The reason though that this was my favorite day was because I got to see my sweetheart with one of the biggest smile on his face. I rarely get to see him smile like that. He was like a kid at disneyland. He loved every minute of it. We took this picture on our way out so that I could always remember him with his castle. I would do this day again every week if I could.
1 comment:
That castle is awesome. When can we come and visit you???
Post a Comment