My Mom's Only Getaway

Last week I got to go on what we like to call our FGEG which stands for (Boy's close your eyes) Frost Girls Estrogen Getaway. Every year my mom and 2 sisters and I take a vacation together. We don't take any kids that aren't tiny baby's or in the tummy. This is our 3rd year doing this. The first year we drove my sister Kaci home to Lubbock TX. Last year we went up to Park City. This year we went all out. We all flew to San Antonio TX. My sister Kaci picked San Antonio because she loves it there. But I think it was for a different reason. She and her husband have had a bit of a hard time getting pregnant over the last three years and it seems there is something special about San Antonio for Kaci because every time she goes there she has been pregnant. And she didn't fail this time! So we were happy to spend 5 days in the Texas heat if it means that we get to have a pregnant Kaci. I did remember my camera this year but you know when you have having a family get together and you take pictures and they are so funny at the time, sometimes the "inside joke" doesn't come across in pictures. I will do my best at trying to explain what is going on. I do have to say that we didn't do a lot. The purpose of these trips are to let down our hair and just be girls. Not moms or caretakers (although we were all over taking care of Kaci's baby bump) or wives or even employee's. We were just girls and sisters and our mom. We giggle most of the time, we play card games and pretty much make fools out of ourselves. It is all together the best time a girl could have. Oh and we shop and shop and shop, because there isn't any kids or husbands trying to hurry us along. That is sheer bliss!! I recommend this kind of trip to all women out there. You really do come back refreshed and ready to do it all again.
Day One: My sisters and I just starting our craziness!





Our first day we went to the wax museum and the Ripley's believe it or not Museum. This is me and Kara in front of this enormous tire. There were so many weird things in this place some of which are just disgusting!!Kaci and my mom. Kaci is showing off her baby bump!

We took a ride on the boats at the river walk. This is Kara and Kaci just being silly on the boat.

Me and my mom on the boats being less silly. We got crazy as the heat started to mess with our minds.

This is what we looked like at the end of the day. Kara had run 12 miles that morning so she was totally beat by the end of the day.

Day 2: We shopped till we dropped at the outlets in San Marcos. They have two outlet malls across the street from each other. A shoppers dream!!! I found some great deals and I also made it so I had to be really creative trying to get everything I bought back into the 2 bags I brought. I don't know if you noticed but we are wearing our hand made (by Kara and myself) FGEG T-shirts! Kaci's says on her belly "I'm kind of a big deal" referring to her baby. And over my mom's FGEG there is a crown, noting that she is the Queen!That night for dinner we went to, as per tradition, the melting pot. It is really expensive so it has to be a special occasion for us to go. But boy is it the best food especially the chocolate! OH MY GOSH!!! Too good, too too good.Day Three: We walked around San Antonio. We went to the Spanish Market and as you can see from the picture made our way to the Alamo, just in time for them to close the gates! We laughed so hard!! We had walked so far to get there it was just soooo funny that we had just missed it. But it still looked like an old building even from the outside.We then shopped some more. This time at Target. By day three this is how Kaci shopped. She was soooo worn out by the end of the day. They had some KILLER deals on uniforms!! Still more stuff I had to shove into my bags!Day Four: We went to Sea World. I can't tell you how nice it was to wander around see the things to see and ride the rides without having to worry about little ones complaining. We saw the Shamu show and the dolphin show. Kara and I went on a couple of roller coasters. One that I literally was off my seat most of the time! We ended the day with feeding time for some of the animals. We went to the larakeets first.

These birds were not shy! They landed all over you!This is my view of my arm. This bird was screaming in my ear because it was seriously right next to my ear!! You can see my mom in the back ground. She totally handled it better then we girls did. We were giggling the whole time and sometimes we let out a little scream. My mom was solid the whole time.This is after all the food was gone and they were still all over me,and Kara!!!Can you see the surprise in her face. The bird had just barely landed on her head. One landed on mine just after I took this picture which caused us to roar with laughter.As soon as we left the birds we went and fed the sea lions. We weren't sure how to get their attention but as soon as the first fish hit the water they swarmed. They started doing tricks and one even sat right under us with its mouth wide open.This one kept looking up at us and slapping the water. It was sooo cute. When we started to pack up our last day and get ready to go we were so sad!! This really is one of the greatest times of our year! I can't wait until next year. We plan to go to the north east. The opposite of the Hot Hot Texas weather. But I have to say we loved San Antonio, we loved Texas. It really is a great place!!!

I have to say before I close the post how grateful I am for my husband for taking the time from his regular routine to stay home with the kids and make it so that I can go every year and for letting me use the money that should be saved for fences etc. to go. Also I use his frequent flier miles and hotel points so that we can all spend a little less. Thanks Honey you are the greatest husband!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That looks like so much fun! What an awesome tradition! :)