Being thoroughly immersed in summer boredom I have been trying to think up ways to have some fun with the kids and make it a (Free) fun family time. Well we have made clay sculptures and run through lots of sprinklers. We went camping but I think that what we did last weekend will be what they talk about most. I have to preface by saying that I have watched my kids try to build a fort and have always thought in my head ways that I could improve it. But being the "great" parent that I am I left them alone and let them figure it out themselves. Well I decided that since Troy was taking the day off we were going to show that kids how it was done. So we built the Baxter Family Fort!
The kids made up a sign that said the Baxter Family Fort and then a sign that said "today's feature: The Tale of Desperaux" it was so cute. We had so much fun making this enormous fort
Then we went around the house and got all the rest of the pillows and blankets that weren't already being used and laid them all on the floor and we watched "The Tale of Desperaux"
We had so much fun that both parents promptly feel asleep! It was so hot and cushy in there how could you not!!!! We were sad when we tore it down later that night. But we rebuilt a smaller (and might I say sadder) version upstairs in the boys room for them to sleep in that night. Best free activity we have done yet!
2 comments:
What a fun idea!!!
THAT is SO AWESOME!! You guys are the coolest parents ever, hehe! :) I remember making forts as a kid, they were the best!
Post a Comment