Fun Times With Old Friends

Last night we had the RARE opportunity to get together with Troy's friends from high school. If I am getting technical he has known some of them since middle school. These are the friends that fill his friend list and as Heidi and Monica learned his friend list is a hard thing to get onto. (inside joke for Troy's benefit, please forgive) He played basketball with these guys until they all split up and went to college and on missions. These are some of the greatest guys I have ever met and they married some of the neatest girls. We have such a fun time when we get together which is why I am always amazed that it is so long in between visits. Anyway here are the pictures of our get together.
Thankfully all the kids had someone either their same age or near enough so they all had someone to play with
Mikayla and Brookelle just coming back from riding around in the go kart.
Morgan and Anika just getting ready to go for their ride in the go kart. They loved it. Even though they could only go around and around the circle they did it over and over and over.

Morgan driving the go kart. She did pretty well once she got the hang of it. The Petersen girls were so patient while teaching my girls how to drive it. Mikayla was so excited. She said it was getting her ready to drive. I told her that we weren't talking about that EVER!!

Even though they had a basketball court this was the boys favorite thing to play on. Sam loved for the big girls to pull him around while he rode on the "bull"

Owen riding the "bull". He begged me to take his picture. He thought it was the neatest thing!
These are all the kids eating. One of our friend's Lisa pointed out that they were younger then her oldest son when most of them met and became friends. That is insane!!!Here are all the "Adults" eating dinner. The food was Awesome!! I had to put that in there even though Pete won't ever see this because it was the best chicken I have ever eaten!This is all of our friends, Jenni and Ryan, Adam and Lisa, Joey and Nicole, and Me and Troy. Can I just point out the difference in height between me and Joey. He is 6'11" Troy is actually the shortest of all his friends. For those of you who know me (which really should be all of you reading this since I really am not all that interesting) you know that I am only 5' tall even steven. In this picture I am wearing 4 inch heals and still am super short. I wish I could put into words how badly my neck hurts after standing in a circle talking to these guys!
Thanks again to the Petersens for hosting. They were so nice and we had a great time. I hope that we can do it again before it has been another 2 years!
Now just for fun I found a picture of all these guys together when they were in high school and since I get a laugh out of it I hope you will too!

From left to right Joey, Adam, Micah, Edda, Troy, Mike, Buggy (Troy doesn't know what his name really is), Mike, and Jeff. Hilarious right!!! I thought so too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun!