On Saturday night my family and I went to a high school reunion (of sorts). The friends that I spent every waking moment with every day my junior and senior year in high school and I (and our families) got together for the first time in about 14 years. I have seen a few of them more often then that. Lisa and I (being "bestest" friends) I see pretty regularly. I saw Jeff last when he got on an airplane leaving for his mission. Stephanie, Ryan, Jen, Conrad, Lisa and I got together about 4 months after Jeff left and took some pictures and sent them to him. That is that last time I have seen any of them. To be blatantly honest I have no idea how it is that we all stopped talking, we just stopped. . . I don't know, looking for each other. When I signed up for "facebook" and saw that all my old friends were there it was neat but at the same time made me a little nervous. When Steph decided to have us all over I was nervous that things had changed too much and that we would sit there in awkward silence. In thinking about it though I decided that I really wanted to see my old friends again. To hopefully reconnect. I wanted to see my good friends that were with me through good times and bad. I have to say that it was really nice to see them. It was like we just picked up where we left off. Except there are now 33 of us instead of 10 (5 boys and 5 girls) . We have lost a few friends along the way but we are still for the most part the same. I was glad to see that everyone turned out ok. They all seemed happy and doing really well. It all seems to be ok now. I am kind of having a hard time putting it all into words. I will just sum up by saying that it was really nice to see everyone, and nice to know that even though a lot of time has past a lot of things are still the same.
Here are their pictures from high school (don't kill me guys!)
Lisa (my bestest friend)



Here are their pictures from high school (don't kill me guys!)
Lisa (my bestest friend)
Me (had to include my picture to be fair)

Stephanie (our hostess)
Candice (Seriously, look how long her hair was I was always jealous of her bangs)


Melanie (she wasn't there but she was still part of the group)

Conrad (he was a year older then us and therefor not in the group pictures)

Jen (She had/still has the longest hair I have ever seen I was so jealous in high school)
Those are all the single pictures I have
Here are some of us as a group


This is what we look like now.
Not that much different (that's my story and I am sticking to it)
Front Row: Ryan, Conrad, Jeff Back Row: Me, Lisa, Candice, Steph, Jen
(for those who are wondering how it is that I look so tall, Iam wearing really tall shoes and standing on my tippy toes)
.jpg)
2 comments:
I have no words. :)
you all have not changed a bit. Tee Hee!
Post a Comment