Look What I Did!!!!!


I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself today. I know you are not supposed to have pride but. . . oh well. On thursday I canned peaches and tomatoes with some of the ladies in my ward. Our relief society thought it would be a good acitivity to teach those that wanted to learn. Over the last two or three months I have heard so much from leaders and friends about food storage and 72 hour kits and being prepared. I have decided to work on that. So when they announced that we could learn to can, I jumped on it!!! My mom canned when I was little and I even helped her a little bit. But, this is the first time I have done this on my own. (by on my own I mean me and the 5 other women that were there) I am so excited, I think that I might even be able to do more. Someday maybe I will even get brave and have a garden. We will see. But for today I am pretty proud. I do have to give thanks to Mellissa Dickson for letting us do this at her house. And for her guidance and patients. She is truely a remarkable woman.

2 comments:

Tiffinee said...

Wow!! I am impressed! That is something I have NEVER done!! They look yummy too!

Megan said...

I'm so proud of you! It was kinda fun to do huh?