Reunion #1

Last night I had the great pleasure of seeing my roommates from college. Bethany was my roommate my first year at Snow College and Jennifer was my roommate my second year at Snow. My sister Kara was best friends with Bethany and Jen in high school. That is how I ended up roommates with Bethany our first year. It was awesome! We had the most fun a freshman at a college in the middle of nowhere Utah can have. We had diso dances because someone decided to cover the 1960's light fixture in tin foil. We sang in LD's together, we sang anywhere we wanted together, but most of all we laughed a lot together. Jen figures into the story of how Troy and I ended up meeting. I Happened to go to Ephraim to sign contracts for another apartment. While we were waiting we Happened to run into Jen when she was walking home. She Happened to have a roommate moving out. And her room roommate Happened to be dating Troy's best friend Edda. He Happened to be going home one weekend with Troy and I Happened to need a ride. The rest is history. I thank Kara (ok not out loud but in my heart) that she was nice enough to let me hang out with these two girls. We haven't really stayed in touch over the years, so it was really a treat to reconnect with them. I guess I have facebook (and Candice Bradfield) to thank for being able to see my old friends again. It was really nice to catch up and see how good everyone looks. It was really strange to sit there with my roommates and have all of our kids running around. Life sure flies by when you aren't looking. Bethany's husband Brett and I met when I was Morgans age (that was a trip!) To all of my friends ( and my sister Kara) and roommates from college; thanks guys for everything you did for me both of those years. Those had some of the best and worst times of my life in them and I am grateful that I had you with me.


This is Me, Kara, Bethany and Jen
This is Me and Bethany December 1995

This is Me and Jen August 1996

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So much to say. First I love the title, it implies there are many more reunions to come. Second I totally forgot about how connected I was to Troy and you meeting. And finally thanks for the laugh:) The picture of me and you on your wedding day. Why didn't anyone tell me how CrAZy I looked back then.
Also I'm not sure if you did this on purpose but you left your bowl. YEAH!!! We have to get back together now. Maybe even really soon because I know it is your favorite bowl.