Very Proud
I wanted to say while I was thinking about it, that I am truly proud of my girls and the girls of the activity days in our ward tonight. I had the opportunity to go with them tonight on a service scavenger hunt. They were split up into 4 teams each with the name and description of a child who wouldn't have a Christmas this year. All of the kids had special needs of some kind. The girls embraced these kids and were so excited to get them something to make them smile. It was wonderful to watch them forget about what they wanted and only think about what these kids would like to have. What would make them smile. I am proud of their ability to put themselves aside even for just one night and think of others. Thank you Heather , Sharon and Melissa for putting this together. I think it has changed their minds as to what Christmas is truly all about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so proud of YOU Erin. What a great experience for all of you. I love learning of warm and loving things happening in this chaotic world. Way to go team! Keep up the great work.
I love that! That is the true meaning of Christmas!
Post a Comment